Practical Assistance for Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Email discussion groups. Get quick answers to your complex and novel legal issues.
- Online resource libraries. Quickly access hundreds of trial and appellate briefs, articles, CLE videos and more.
- Member discounts to CLE programs. Our top regional and national speakers can candidly discuss defense issues and strategies since prosecutors are not alllowed to attend.
- Ethics Hotline. Fellow defense lawyers who know the RPCs, and who are available for consultation.
- "Strike Force" support if you are held in contempt, have a grievance filed against you, or are subpoenaed.
- Brady List. Regularly updated to identify government officers with a documented history of Brady violations.
Connect with the defense bar
- Our educational programs, committees, and annual conference provide opportunities to meet and share information with the best defense lawyers in the state.
- Online find-a-lawyer directory connects you to potential clients
- Model fee agreements
- Mentor program
Keeping you informed
- Washington Criminal Defense magazine features practical and provocative articles written by and for defense lawyers.
- An electronic newsletter provides timely update on legal issues in state cases.
A respected voice in Olympia
- WACDL aggressively represents the defense bar’s interests in the Washington State Legislature.
- We are regularly asked to appoint members to committees and task forces considering changes in criminal justice policy and practice.
- Service on WACDL committees and task forces.
- Shape the policies and practices that affect you, the defense bar, and your clients.
"I was a member of WACDL before I was a member of the bar. I have learned much from other members in this organization and have relied on them for support and camaraderie. It's also been great for my professional development, as I've been able to chair committees and task forces, participate in the legislative process, write amicus briefs and articles, and speak at CLE programs. I benefit from being a WACDL member, but most important — my clients benefit. I recommend WACDL membership to all criminal defense lawyers."
-- Amy Muth
-- Amy Muth