Become a member
If you are practicing any amount of criminal defense, you owe it to yourself and your clients to be a part of WACDL. WACDL's publications, educational programs, and committees provide the support you need to stay informed about, succeed in, and influence the practice of criminal law.
All paying memberships last one year from the join date. Members receive reminders through email and print invoices in the months leading up to the expiration of their membership.
- “Years of practice” is determined by when you were first admitted to any Bar.
- 1st or 2nd year of practice: $150
- 3rd or 4th year of practice: $220
- 4+ years of practice: $320
- Public defender ($180) members are those who obtain all of their income from assigned cases (e.g., no private cases).
- Public defender firm ($160 per person) members are firms with at least 5 public defenders joining WACDL.
- Law professor ($210) members are full-time law professors.
- Law Student ($55) members are full-time or part-time law students.
- Retired ($160) membership is for retired lawyers no longer taking paid cases.
Associate members are non-lawyers involved with the criminal justice system. Please select the appropriate associate member category:
- working full-time in a public defender office ($145),
- staff of a law office ($180), or
- other ($205)
- Sustaining ($465) members support WACDL with an additional contribution. They may download the materials for WACDL CLE programs presented while they are a sustaining member.
- Patron ($730) members support WACDL with an additional contribution. They receive free tuition for two WACDL CLE programs and a 50% discount on the annual conference registration fee. In addition, we will send patron members a link to download speaker materials for each of the CLE programs we present during your membership year.